Friday 25 April 2014

BOOK REVIEW : MY TOP TEN FAVOURITE BOOKS

 A very dear friend of mine, Ketan, gave me this idea of writing about my favourite books for a blog post. At that time, I had very confidently told him that it would be a piece of cake. But as it always happens with me, here I am, made to eat the humble pie by my own laziness and sheer inability to finalise the list. After dilly dallying for almost a week, I finally decided that it's high time I write about my favourite books.

Though Babaji, my paternal grandfather used to read aloud a lot of comics to me, it was only when I reached 4th standard did I start reading story books. And for this I have to thank my childhood friend Shraddha Beria who introduced me to the fabulous world of Enid Blyton's books. The first book which I read was The Naughtiest Girl in School. I can even today remember the effect of utter amazement and mesmerisation the story had on me. I was completely hooked to this beautiful world of words and pages and fiction and visualisation. I am completely in awe of the great authors who weave such magical stories that they seem so real to me. And how can I not write about the smell of the crisp new pages of a book. I love to smell the book, when I first buy it before reading it. Hence,a bookshop is always my favourite place to be. 

But now I should come back to the main topic, which is a list of my favourite books. The list is in no particular order. But instead of disclosing it here, I plan to write about one book everyday, for the coming 10days. Hope you enjoy this journey with me. And I would love to hear from you all about your favourite books too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment